From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Richard Schoen
Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2010 5:56 PM
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WEB400] MySQL IBMDB2I Storage Engine - Where is
ha_ibmdb2i.soplugin ?

Using the the "Using IBM DB2 for I as a Storage Engine of MySQL" Redbook
I downloaded all the PTFs required for V5R4 and installed the V5.1.42
64-bit MySQL version as mentioned in the Redbook. It didn't actually
mention V5.1.42, but did mention 64-bit version J

MySQL works just fine and it's running V5.1.42. I have verified this.

When I try to register the IBMDB2I storage engine plugin "ha_ibmdb2i.so"
component, I get the following error from MySQL .

Command issued:

install plugin ibmdb2i soname "ha_ibmdb2i.so";

Error Text:

ERROR 1126 (HY000): Can't open shared library
'/QOpenSys/usr/local/mysql51/my

sql-5.1.42-i5os-power-64bit/lib/plugin/ha_ibmdb2i.so' (errno: 2
0509-

022 Cannot load module
/QOpenSys/usr/local/mysql51/mysql-5.1.42-i5os-power-64

bit/lib/plugin/ha_ibmdb2i.so.

0509-021 Addit)

I scanned the IFS and specifically the MySQL subfolders and there is no
module file named: ha_ibmdb2i.so

I also looked inside the TAR file and there was no ha_ibmdb2i.so module
there either.

Can someone tell me how I get a hold of ha_ibmdb2i.so or at least tell
me where I'm off ?

Also: I did check the 32-bit download and it appears to have this plugin
in the install files.

Do I need the Enterprise MySQL version t use the DB2i capability ?

Me confused J

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Get the information you need. Now!"
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business
Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com <http://www.rjssoftware.com/>
Tel: (952) 736-5800