I believe the case of the name must match the name exported by the service program or program (?). If you did not put EXTPROC on the prototype, with a mixed-case name in single quotes there, the export is going to be all caps.

So do a DSPPGM or DSPSRVPGM and look at the procedure exports page.

I could be all wet here, but let's see what happens. ;-)

'VeRn' (in mixed-up-case)

John Rusling wrote:
I had problems, similar, a month or so ago.

I changed the external name to all uppercase, instead of matching
the case of the procedure, and it works, and is working.

<g> Which goes against everything I've read on this.

John B.

CREATE FUNCTION qgpl/CvtUsaToCyymmdd( pInput varchar(30)
) RETURNS DEC(7,0) LANGUAGE RPGLE NOT DETERMINISTIC NO SQL RETURNS NULL ON NULL INPUT EXTERNAL NAME 'WZZZJBL0/S_DTTM_F(DTTM_CVTUSATOCYYMMDD)'
PARAMETER STYLE GENERAL

Create Function FmtName (slsnnm char (30) ) returns char(30) language rpgle deterministic no sql external name 'JJKLIB/GETNAME(FmtName) ' parameter style general