Running multiple instances was the solution Zend suggested. However, it'd be
a manual process. There wouldn't be a nice HTTPAdmin interface to deal with
creating and upgrading the instances. I'm going to avoid doing this as long
as I can and hope that some update resolves the issue in the singular Apache
server installed by Zend in PASE. At one point that server couldn't make SSL
connections and now it can. I'd be a happy camper if it could listen for
regular (p80) and secure (p443) connections on the same server.

In my head, I couldn't justify proxying requests from one Apache to the
other and yet still have to manage the conf of the Apache in PASE. If you
want to enable your multiple i5/OS Apache instances for Zend Core you'll
still have to edit the configuration in PASE to cope with proxying for an
i5/OS Apache instance other than the ZendCore instance on port 89. I found
that the documentation makes references to this being possible but is short
on details on how to accomplish it. Maybe they figure if you can't make it
work on your own then you should be talking to Zend support?

Alfred