SQL External Stored Procedure I guess is the official definition. The SQL CREATE PROCEDURE points to an RPG program. Most of ours are just normal everyday RPG with no sub procedures that accept *ENTRY parameters and pass back addition parameters from the *ENTRY PLIST or pass back a result set. No Service Programs involved.

I will take a look at your RPG-XML suite and get you more info on exactly what we are looking at. Most of which involves communicating with MS InfoPath forms using web services. MS InfoPath has a way to do a direct database connection from InfoPath but only if that database is MS SQL server. Connections to anything else has to be done through web services. So some of what we are looking to provide are web services that will accept an employee ID and passback their name, department, cost center and supervisor or accept some of the form fields that were entered and passback a result set showing the list of people who need to approve that form, and even at the end of the form routing process accept all the data off the form and update some DB2 table.

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Aaron Bartell
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 9:17 AM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Creating an RPG web service without WDSC/RDi

When you say "RPG Stored Procedure" do you mean an SQL Stored procedure
front ending an RPG ILE sub procedure? Or do you mean an RPG sub
procedure in a *SRVPGM without SQL involved at all?

<vendor>
You can look into RPG-XML Suite (www.rpg-xml.com) of which I am lead
developer of. It can facilitate pretty much ANY web service you throw
at it, and do it in 100% RPG. Forward your web service need to me and I
will have my team put together a proof of concept for you.
</vendor>

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com

Mike Cunningham wrote:
Is there a way to turn an RPG stored procedure into a web service without using WDSC/RDi? Maybe by using an existing web service that calls RPG as a base and cut/paste/rename/edit the files in the IFS manually? Someway that does not have the added overheard of needing to learn WDSC/RDi just to do that final step after the rpg app has been created and tested