From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jim Franz
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 10:42 AM
To: WEB400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WEB400] accepting paypal on cgi site

Customer wants to accept Paypal payment on their current rpg/cgi site
for their customers A/R statement.
Most likely only a couple trans a day, all for different amounts.
Read thru the Paypal developer site.
I'm sure others have done this -
The basic HTML Checkout Cart Upload method with only 1 item seems to fit
this situation.
Questions:
1. since what customer pays is will get applied - do I need the
encryption
options? (if yes - would like some idea how on iSeries)
2. Did not see any option from Paypal other than email for payment
confirmation - it there a way to get transaction record (immediate -
need to release a credit lock on new orders if payment made).

Would prefer working in the rpg/cgi and not having to install/load php -
I see plenty of php info on paypal..customer looking for a "quick fix".