Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
Ralph Daugherty skrev:
nope, wasn't discussing technically, just giving OP a status update on what I had said I would look into.

I am pulling class source codes, yes.
Why not just put the batik jars on the classpath and put your stuff on top?

Avoiding too many dependencies?
/THorbjørn

The class I started out with was from a midlevel Apache web package (org.apache.myfaces...) which after all is the whole point of a CAPTCHA. :) However my goal is a set of calls to return a CAPTCHA via bytestream or to a file to be available to be merged with output rather than being called in the JSF code, in other words a generic external source of a CAPTCHA.

I also just want it to be a standalone jar focused on generating text images, a functioning app callable from RPG without a huge (or actually any) dependency on many, many other jars that a full Apache Batik product would require.

It's not like we have many choices, as far as I was able to determine only Batik and JAI, which has more caveats mentioned with it than you can shake a stick at.

It'll be fine, not too many more layers I think. I might even have caught some code generating a pixel, but could be delusionally wishful thinking.

rd