well, I was talking about the difference between getting time in milliseconds and microseconds, so it was tongue in cheek to suggest that an accurate time was being retrieved over internet for gettimeofday() :), but I looked up ntp and very impressive that this protocol has been delivering time accurate to within 10 milliseconds since 1985 using something with as cool a name as a jitter buffer.

Having looked that up, I saw that ntp is built into Unix, Linux, and a simplified version in Windows server. Do we have it in i5/OS, or at least PASE?

P.S. I won't have anything ready for a callable CAPTCHA generator for the original poster of this thread in the time frame he was talking about, but I've pushed back my other projects and still working on it.

I've pulled together 170 classes so far, mostly from the Apache Batik project, hopefully will get close to callable code pretty soon.

This was something I had on my list to do anyway, just got to it a lot quicker than I normally would have.

PHP had an installable graphics library that is already integrated and ready to go we saw from earlier posts. As for Java, it sounded like Java's JAI library is the same way but with some licensing issues (requires indemnification?), but I'm staying 100% Apache open source with this. We on the i are already using Apache license code so it will fit right in.

rd

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
The "lot of slack"-problem has been solved pre-SOAP in the ntp protocol[1], so you need to write a ntp-client and call that instead :)

[1] Feel free to point out the redundancy.