without a hint of irony. When I looked at his source code I noticed it had
about as much in common with HTML as finger painting does with the Mona
Lisa.

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Alfredo Delgado
You don't have to have an axe to grind to speak honestly about IE's
problems and the reasons for them.

You're making me feel better, so I'll admit to a devilish thought that
crossed my mind, but that's about as far as I'll go.

When I was writing the component to build tables dynamically I noticed that
IE performed about 5 times slower than FF. Then later discovered, quite
inadvertently, that if you make the table invisible while you're loading it,
it makes the IE performance more comparable to FF.

I asked myself, what if I don't implement the IE performance trick? Maybe
it would motivate users to switch? Then I considered the poor souls who may
be lower down on the food chain, some of whom may not have a choice about
which browser they use. They still need a productive interface.

Nathan.