Thanks Walden

This has to be client-side javascript, as I am testing which browser I have, so that I know whether to use the ActiveX or to use the other method for this task that shall remain nameless. The CGI program puts in the script for ActiveX based on values on the iSeries, not on the kind of client. Now that makes me think - I could use this in the CGI, in addition to the conditioning I already have, to decide whether to put in the ActiveX scripting - heh - out of scope at the moment. But I'm keeping this one in reserve.

Vern

From: "Walden H. Leverich" <WaldenL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Vern,

Even with user-agent spoofing, I'd still use useragent on the server
side. 99.999% of people aren't going to spoof their agent, and those
that do are doing so for a specific reason and deserve what they get.
The whole idea of spoofing is that you are telling the server I'm
browser xxx not browser yyy, treat me as browser xxx, so treat it that
way. If a site works in IE, works in FF, works in Safari, but doesn't
work in FF when claiming to be IE I don't see a problem with that.

-Walden

--
Walden H Leverich III
Tech Software