Hi Aaron;

Thank you for your detailed reply and loads of inputs, I'll read that later.

Going back to open source... you would obviously want to have a public SVN
repository where developers (like myself) could enhance the base offering by
fixing bugs, bettering the programmer experience, bettering the debugging
experience, etc.<<

We already use subversion - it would be pretty easy to open it up for a
"OpenIceBreak" community.

And because of the license agreement any changes made to
the base software are required to be submitted back to the project and then
the owner of the project gets to determine if it should in fact be added to
the base code set.<<

The idea with a "controlling part" is against the GNU-GPL license agreement.
One of the "problems" with GNU-GPL license agreement is that you lose
control with the project, which on the other hand can be positive.

But again - if we can make a community around it, and we can control the
official builds (if I read you correctly) - then I think I can convince the
board of directors to give "the pilot" a try. We'll have a meeting again
tomorrow, and I'll come back to you right after that.

Best regards

Niels Liisberg
IceBreak Chief SW Architect

System & Metode Technologies