From: Bill Fly <billfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries' <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Looking for Ubuntu HTML Editor
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 20:38:36 -0500

Here is a list of 8 editors to Google:
WeBuilder
Crimson Editor
UltraEdit
CoffeeCup
EditPlus
TopStyle
PageBreeze
First Page

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Nathan Andelin
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 2:44 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries

From: "Guillermo Andrades
Have you tested http://myeclipseide.net/?

Thanks for the suggestion. I only looked at the Web site.

Keep in mind that I'm not looking for a complete IDE for J2EE. I just need
a good HTML editor. I was disappointed in the editors in Eclipse and Zend
Code Studio, and I simply don't need the extra tooling to support PHP or
J2EE interfaces. It's just extra clutter to me.

My approach to Development:

Layout HTML pages with "record" and "field" delimiters, and a wee bit of
embedded JavaScript, and store them on the IFS.

Write RPG programs to fill in dynamic elements on pages in response to
requests from browsers.

Use STRSRVJOB and STRDBG commands to debug RPG code, if needed. Use Firefox
error console to debug JavaScript, if needed.

Nathan.