From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 1:03 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Impressions of EGL - Part Deux

Ok. You are a REAL programmer then :-) !

Well, the tools are to help, rather than hinder, development so if
Textpad does it for you, then Textpad it is. I use UltraEdit for quick
HTML hacks to my static pages. But for web app development, I use an
integrated tool (MyEclipse, WDSc and now, learning EGL within RBD).

I was reacting to the idea that using an IDE was somehow a *bad* thing.
I don't see it that way at all. When I work on my cars I like to have
the whole toolbox available. Using a vice grips for everything might
work, but is less efficient IMHO.

Pete

Bradley V. Stone wrote:
Come on Nathan! Even YOU use an IDE to make yourself more efficient.
You don't code your HTML with notepad, you use Dreamweaver.

I actually do 90% of my coding in Textpad.. Notepad with a cool editing
colors/etc.

Brad