Buck,

Thanks. I'll work on it.

Dave

Buck <kc2hiz@xxxxxxxxx> 1/4/2008 14:02 >>>
Dave Odom wrote:

Pardon my ignorance about WDSC but I have the following installed on the i5 I use:

5722WDS *COMPATIBLE WDS for iSeries
5722WDS *COMPATIBLE iSeries Tools - Application Development
5722WDS *COMPATIBLE ILE RPG

I also have a bunch of CD/DVDs that say WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries V6.
I assume this is what you are talking about and what I'll have to upgrade to make the trial to work. Any idea on price for a non-trial version of RBDe?

Welcome to WDSC. The product has changed hands and names and packages
several times in the past few years, so it might be difficult to explain
the whole thing. WDSC is now linked version-wise to WebSphere, not to
i5/os. The current release of WDSC is 7.0.0.4. You can get the latest
CDs from the same place you order your i5/os from.

According to
http://www ( http://www/ )-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/developer/business/index.html
the 'buy it now' price is $1500US for the Developer Extension. That
assumes you have the base product to extend. Typically, that would be
WDSC for most of us Midrange folks, but there is an alternate path:
Rational Application Developer (RAD).

You can download a complete trial of RAD and then download the trial of
RDBe to extend it. RAD home:
http://www ( http://www/ )-128.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/products/rad/ Follow the
Evaluation Downloads link in the middle of the page to download a 5Gb trial.

--buck