From: Aaron Bartell <albartell@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 7:29:31 AM
Subject: Re: [WEB400] The Truth About EGL

Nathan, what size of machine are you running for the example you
explained
earlier (i.e. arrowing for next records with sub second response)? And
how
many jobs are typically running with that type of AJAX workload?

BTW, I have also been intrigued by OpenLaszlo (what www.gowebtop.com
uses)
and have been pondering trying it out with RPG and AJAX. I know it is
based
on J2EE, so my options would be to have a thin Java layer (with app
server
obviously) making calls to backend RPG programs. What type of
reliability
issues did you have with this? And did you implement the server side
without
J2EE? (my lack of OpenLazslo architecture showing - might be straight
forward to spin ones own wool and create an alternative back end server
in
RPG)

BTW, www.gowebtop.com is one of the fastest browser apps (over the
internet)