Sounds like you might be using the wrong tool to do the job. It would appear the user's requirement is more suited to a GUI query tool available via the Web. I'd look into QMF for Windows/Websphere, now called Dataquant or WebQuery. HTML is not a query reporting tool.

Sincerely,

David Odom
Arizona

"Charlie Ramsdale" <Charlie_Ramsdale@xxxxxxxxxxx> 10/30/2007 08:11 >>>
If you break it down to paging, using the print key would print the
current page for a quick, limited print.
Then you can add a 'print' button to allow printing of all records (as
you do now). Best of both worlds.

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:01 AM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Faster HTML Output.

Not my place... this request is to be a report for them to print out.
Think of it this way. If a restaurant were to run this report from
their
computer... they may want to print it. A "subfile" type of page will
require them to print every page manually. Also their printer is not
accessible by the as400.

I guess, I was hoping someone would say to a SELECT for XML and build an
xml document in which the html page will reference. I'm just not sure
how
to go this route, because the user is also asking for break totals.

Michael Schutte
Admin Professional
Bob Evans Farms, Inc.
"The Secret's the Sauce! Enjoy our new Bob-B-Q Pulled Pork Knife & Fork
Sandwich!"