Jim,

Thanks for the info. How can I get a trial? Or,did I hear correctly
the entire product set is a free download?

Are there any tools that help developing the application faster? If
so, which ones and what do they do?

Thanks much,

Dave

"Jim Dillard" <jdillard@xxxxxxxx> 5/31/2007 16:16 >>>
Dave,
Yes, your information in incorrect. No need to use ODBC as you access
DB2/400 directly with PHP when using Zend Core for i5/OS.

Many people in the System i community WERE running PHP on Linux or
Windows and connecting to DB2/400 via ODBC. With Core you can run the
application natively on the 400 thereby negating the need to use ODBC.

For those that don't know: Core for i5/OS, Studio for i5/OS (IDE),
and
web-based support are all free. You can thank IBM for this.

Jim Dillard
jdillard@xxxxxxxx