This lacks any elegance. You'll probably invest more time in a solution but the following CL should work:

PGM SNDUSRMSG MSG('Please click on the following link: + http://www.google.com') TOUSR(PETE) ENDPGM

Of course, you set the USERID (or don't include it and the user executing the program will get the message).

Compile it and then use CALL URLMSG

Pete

Jake M wrote:
Thank's a lot for the input. Okay, I see that the option is checked. So, I
should be able to write a small CL program and put in a command to open up
URL in a browser, right?. I am intending to call the CL from the command
line..Something like CALL MYCLPGM. Would that work? Thanks again for the
suggestions.

cheers,

Jake.