Lighten up, Jerome.

I am not slagging Ruby or Rails.  I've consistently said they're good tools,
just not enterprise ready, because I don't believe dynamically typed
languages are well suited for enterprise-level business logic such as MRP
generation.

That's a simple opinion.  Even if you disagree, calling it "slagging"
borders on the fanatical.

I pointed out some of DHH's public behaviors to indicate the kind of person
RoR users will need to deal with.

Again, my opinion.  Again, even if you disagree, it's not slagging.  That's
the sort of rhetoric the far left and far right use: "if you disagree with
me, you're attacking me".

All I'm presenting is an opposing viewpoint (and one with which people far
more knowledgeable than I agree).  If you disagree, great!  Tell us why you
disagree.  But attacking me for not sharing your world view is pretty
fundamentalist of you.

And in the long run, I think we agree on my primary points:

1. Ruby is not the kind of language one uses to build enterprise business
logic of the type that is called ERP (as in Enterprise Requirements
Planning).

2. Ruby is not a language for beginners.

Joe

P.S. As to my opinion of DHH, I only offered his own public behavior and
advised people to realize what they were getting themselves into.  Again,
the fact that I'm not putting him up for Man of the Year is certainly not an
actionable offense.  <g>

From: Jerome Hughes

Joe--

Love you and all, but believe you're way off base here and tilting at
me. Can't say am sorry for standing up with an informed opinion when
you blasted away at some others.