From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Brian
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 1:37 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Ruby On Rails on the iSeries

Natthan, et al

Have you looked at IBM's EGL that is included in the WDSCi product? I have
only began working through the EGL tutorial but since you mentioned WebSmart
I thought this might be an alternative. As it is, EGL will generate Java or
Cobol code to implement the full application but what got me interested is
that it appears you can use EGL for developing the view and the controller
and hook it to RPG on the backend via the JT400 toolbox for implementing the
model. IBM held an EGL user's conference recently that had a session on EGL
and RPG but I wasn't able to attend and have not been able to find the
handouts from the session.

If anyone has worked with EGL and has opinions as to its viability for
developing web apps on the iSeries I would like to hear them.

Kind regards,

Brian