I was a bit deflated at the announcement last spring of the PHP release for
V5R4M0 since it sounded like a retread of PHP in PASE.

It appears that PASE is still very much involved, but they have just
automated the process of configuring everything for you.  I say this after
looking at the release notes on Zend's site
(http://www.zend.com/content/download/2280/15570/file/zend_core_for_i5_relea
se_notes_ga.txt)

Prerequisites
-------------
- Verify the exsistence of the /usr/local directory since the product will
be
   installed under this directory.
- OS V5R4M0 minimum
- The latest version of PTF
- Check if all the following LICPGMs are installed:

Description                             Product Option  Licensed Program
Portable App Solutions Environment      33              5722ss1
Qshell                                  30              5722ss1
System Openness Includes                13              5722ss1
Digital Certificate Manager             34              5722ss1
Crypto Access Provider 128 bit          *base           5722ac3
IBM Portable Utilities For I5/OS        *base           5733sc1
OpenSSH ,OpenSST,Zlib                   1               5733sc1

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com