Hi!

We installed Tomcat 5.5.1 on our iSeries to give us a lighter weight alternative to WebSphere. When our system was literally unable to deploy a fairly simple servlet app for lack of resources, we needed the alternative!

The problem is that once I've deployed the app to Tomcat, using the /manager URL within Tomcat, I'm dead-ended. I have to end the server, manually delete the app's folders, and restart the server.

In the Tomcat Web Application Manager browser interface, I first stopped the application, then clicked on Undeploy. When I do this in a Windows Tomcat installation, it actually removes the application from the list. In our iSeries Tomcat interface it does not, but it throws an error.

I was hoping someone might have run into the same thing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The log (in part) shows the following error:

- Michael Bruton
MIS Coordinator
Dealer's Auto Auction of Oklahoma City