I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to loop through all headers sent
from a client to an RPG CGI program?  I can do it in Java as shown in the
code at the bottom of this email.

More specifically I am trying to send a custom header from the client to an
RPG CGI program and want to read the value of that header into a variable to
use for later processing. Being able to loop through them I would see how
the Apache server is interpreting the headers and then know what literal
name to use to access it.

The current HTTP 1.1 spec allows custom headers per this page:
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec5.html#sec5.3

Note that I am using QtmhGetEnv to read the headers. I can gain access to
CONTENT_TYPE and other standard ones just fine, so I am wondering if there
is a limitation in place that doesn't allow non-standard headers to be
obtained?

TIA,
Aaron Bartell

import java.io.IOException;
import java.io.PrintWriter;
import java.util.Enumeration;

import javax.servlet.ServletException;
import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;

public class ShowHttpHeaders extends HttpServlet {

response)
            throws ServletException, IOException {

        response.setContentType("text/html");
        PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();

        out.println("Request Method:" + request.getMethod() + "<BR>\n" +
"Request URI:"
                + request.getRequestURI() + "<BR>\n" + "Request Protocol:" +
request.getProtocol()
                + "<br>\n");

        Enumeration headerNames = request.getHeaderNames();
        while (headerNames.hasMoreElements()) {
            String headerName = (String) headerNames.nextElement();
            out.println(headerName + "::" + request.getHeader(headerName));
        }
    }

    public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response)
            throws ServletException, IOException {
        doGet(request, response);
    }