Mike, et all,

As an aside, it always baffles me how PC server technology or at least
application designed to run thereon, in their current form, ever got to
be something businesses would take seriously as a mission critical
environment with most vendors requiring an EXCLUSIVE server for their
application.    One application per server!!!   How early man!!

When was the last time you ever saw a real computer, i.e., mainframe or
midrange (iSeries for instance) require only one application per
server???   Maybe around the late 1950's or early 1960's.   That should
show the world how primitive are PC applications, except for their GUI.
Certainly not something to 'bet the farm on".

Take care,

Dave

>>> colinwilliams007@xxxxxxxxx 2/13/2006 11:54:08 >>>
Mike as others have said, it depends how the vendors app is
configured.

Running on seperate websphere instances is certainly the cleanest way
to do
it, less chance of accidentally knocking out the production systems!

On 13/02/06, Dave Odom <Dave.Odom@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Of course making sure you have the "horsepower" on your PC to run
more
> than one, you can run two copies (Production and Test) in the same
> server IF your vendor or you have created the application in such a
way
> as the two don't "bump heads" going after the same resources and
each
> wants it exclusively and the like.
>
> Also, you can put more than one different application on the same PC
as
> long as the two aren't created in such a way they won't play well
> together.   One example of them not playing well together is each
> wanting to use a different version of Java and neither can tolerate
the
> other version.
>
> Dave
> Arizona.

> My vendor recommends running a seperate webserver and application
for
> our
> live and test systems. If possible, I would like to at least run
only
> one
> web server if not one application server as well. Is this possible?
Or