From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Kevin Touchette
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 12:01 PM
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WEB400] SNDDST and system backup problems

Hello,

  I have some legacy applications that send e-mail attachments via the
SNDDST command.  We no longer use that method so I say legacy.  I'm
having a problem where the nightly system backup on the box will be
backing up items that are used by the MSF jobs on the system and will
cause the MSF jobs to crash.  If users are trying to send e-mail via the
SNDDST method at that exact moment, it'll cause MSF to crash.  Has this
happened to anyone and do you have suggestions to notify a user or
recover.  The problem is that the system isn't monitored closely enough
and the jobs could be down for awhile before anyone notices the problem.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kevin R. Touchette
Washington Corporations
Web and Application Development