Hi,

I just wanted to weigh in on the discussion, if I may.

Brad, I want to thank you for pointing out our mistake. I took a look at the
email before we sent it out last week, and didn't catch that we had
interchanged CGI and CGIDEV2. It was not intentionally deceptive, but
instead, left improperly worded. That was my mistake.

I believe strongly in the ethics of marketing. I don't lie. My feeling is,
if you can't represent a product truthfully, and boil it down to the bare
bone benefits, then you've got no business marketing it. There is absolutely
no room in marketing for deception and I have no use for those that choose
that path, because they weaken the credibility of those of us that are
honest.

I also want to mention, that our initial email was sent only to our opt-in
e-mail list, which is our private list of customers and additional
subscribers who have asked to be included. We did not post that message on
this or any other discussion group, or try to abuse this open forum for our
own gains.

Joe, our president, and I talked a lot about the email before it went out,
and our primary concern was to get the word out to our users who still use
CGI, that this CGIDEV2 issue could be a problem, and that if protesting IBM
didn't work, they could use m-Power, the development tool many of them
already own, as an easy way to move to Java.

I imagine in marketing your e-RPG and CGIDEV2 books and your Web site,
you've also been faced with the challenges of letting people know your
products are available, and the benefits they offer. Sometimes we do it
perfectly.and sometimes we end up getting bombarded with hate mail.

I guess, at the very least it got people talking. Anyway, I do appreciate
the fact that you called us on our wording mistakes. It helps keep us on our
toes.

And I hope that if you ever have any problems with the marketing that mrc is
putting out, that you know you can feel free to call me directly at
630.916.0662, or drop me an email at heatherg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I will
be more than happy to address any and all questions and concerns. You can
even stop by our booth at COMMON in Orlando if you're going to be there. I
am always happy to chat.

Thanks,

Heather Gately

Marketing Director