From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Mike Cunningham
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 4:06 PM
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WEB400] Apache authentication and JSP execution

We have our first JSP based app going into final testing. The JSP uses
calls to stored procedures to access the database and so must make a
connection to the database and provide a userid and password. The
website being developed is setup in Apache to require OS/400 userids and
passwords. Is there any way to use the Apache authenticated userid and
password to make the connection to the database or is the only option to
create a special userid and password to be used by the JSPs ? I would
like to still be able to use journaling to record who is accessing the
database.