CGI enablement isn't really iSeries specific. The two big things that are would
be SSL (most Apache books and examples assume you'll use OpenSSL) and the
options available for access control. I can't think of anything I've come
across yet that I couldn't do with the iSeries port that can be done with the
one from apache.org. Note that IBM added Map and MapMatch directives. There's
no reason to use these. Those were added strictly so the Migration Wizard could
produce "workable" configurations.

Here's the Apache version of your configuration (except for the logging):

ScriptAlias /xxx/ /qsys.lib/xxxweb.lib/
Alias /xxx/yyy /zzz
<Directory /qsys.lib/xxxweb.lib>
   order allow,deny
   allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory /zzz>
   order allow,deny
   allow from all
</Directory>

Alternately, you can do this:

Alias /xxx/ /qsys.lib/xxxweb.lib/
Alias /xxx/yyy /zzz
<Directory /qsys.lib/xxxweb.lib>
   order allow,deny
   allow from all
   Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>
<Directory /zzz>
   order allow,deny
   allow from all
</Directory>

I prefer using ScriptAlias' instead of Options +ExecCGI since it's easier for
me to see what's going on in large configuration files. Technically, I don't
think one's better than the other but just make sure you're consistent.

I didn't include the *.pgm part. That can be done with ScriptAliasMatch but I
didn't feel like looking up and testing the regular expression to do it. If I'm
remembering how what you have works correctly, you have to specify .pgm anyway
to execute a CGI and since you can't execute anything that isn't a program to
begin with, all it does is add processing overhead.

I also don't log to a database file (it's way to slow on a busy site) and, once
again, I didn't feel like looking it up but the GUI works pretty well for
configuring that.

Additionally, if you wanted to use Net.Data, adding the following will enable
it:

ScriptAlias /db2www/ /qsys.lib/xxxweb.lib/db2www.pgm/

The Original config would be something along the lines of this:

Map  /db2www/* /cgibin/db2www.pgm/*

The final very common thing is access control. Under the Original server, you'd
have something like this (this uses a validation list):

Protection  MYPROT  {
      PasswdFile   MYLIB/MYVLDL
      ACLOverride  Off
      PostMask     All
      GetMask      All
      AuthType     Basic
      ServerID     My_Realm
      UserID       %%SERVER%%
}

Protect  /xxx/yyy  MYPROT

Under Apache, you'd have this:

<Location /xxx/yyy>
   PasswdFile MYLIB/MYVLDL
   UserID %%SERVER%%
   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "My Realm"
   Require valid-user
</Location>

If you have a bunch of password protected directories, repeating the protection
directive all over the place is a pain (especially if you need to change them)
so what you can do is put everything between the Location start and end tags in
a file and include it. That would make it look like this:

In file myprot.inc (this goes in the conf directory):

PasswdFile MYLIB/MYVLDL
UserID %%SERVER%%
AuthType Basic
AuthName "My Realm"
Require valid-user

In httpd.conf:

<Location /cgibin/updlogin.pgm>
   Include conf/myprot.inc
</Location>

Also, you should note that you can do access control within the Directory
container (BTW, Location is also a container) but I don't like doing it that
way since it isn't granular enough.

Finally, here's an example of what turned me off on the Migration Wizard:

One of my HTTP servers was responsible for four websites. The Original
configuration was about 250 lines long. The wizard produced an httpd.conf that
was close to 1mb in size (later releases of the wizard were able to whittle it
down to about 600k). While the server would start after about 5 minutes, it
didn't work at all (wouldn't even serve a welcome page). I ended up buying the
Professional Apache 2.0 book and took the time to read through the basics of
configuring the server and within a day, I was able to produce a working
configuration that was (I think) about 8k and a few less than 1k include files
for document protection. That server started up within 15 seconds and worked
perfectly. I've since added three more virtual sites to it and it's grown to
about 12k but still starts very quickly.

Matt