Kelly,

Not to ask a silly question, but are you sure the problem is on the PC?
That's a rather drastic change, I wonder if the initial query is taking
a long time on the iSeries for some reason (load, deleted access path,
additional records to review, etc.)

BTW, what size iSeries and PC? 1000 rows/second isn't all that
reasonable, IMHO. I just did a quick test in .NET of downloading my
latest QAEZDISK file (basically dspobjd *all/*all) which has 61,646
rows. I downloaded 88 bytes of data (select diobli, diobnm, diobtp,
diobat, diobtx) from each row and got the following speed:

Starting iSeries...
Rows: 61646
Elapsed: 4.98
Rows/Second: 12385.04

Starting ODBC...
Rows: 61646
Elapsed: 4.04
Rows/Second: 15273.86

Starting OleDb...
Rows: 61646
Elapsed: 5.43
Rows/Second: 11356.77

>From the iSeries .NET driver, the .NET ODBC driver (Client Access 5.2)
and the .NET OLE/DB driver (again, Client Access 5.2). So I'm getting 11
to 15 thousand rows per second, on a small 270 iSeries and my laptop
running XP.

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President & CEO