Sorry, we were talking about different things.

A PHP script can include another PHP script using the
'include' or 'require' statements. So, for example, I
can have a PHP script in my Web application (e.g.,
C:\Apache\htdocs\myapp\myscript.php) that includes a
PHP script stored elsewhere on my machine (e.g.,
C:\phpincludes\myotherscript.php). In the php.ini file
set the include_path = ".;c:\phpincludes\".

The code would look like this:
<?php
 require('myotherscript.php');
?>

The Java program must be in a directory listed in
CLASSPATH or in the same directory as the the PHP
script that contains the 'include' or 'require'
statement.

I'm going to try Toolbox for Java without using CGI.
Just run Toolbox classes in Java programs on the same
machine as my PHP scripts.

Thanks,
Kelly

=== message truncated ===