My apologies for starting a new thread on an existing topic but I had no
way to reply to the original message since for some reason I'm not
getting the real-time or daily digest emails.

Mel,

Thanks so much for the tip.it appears to have solved our problem.
Another strange observation to report just so the forum keeps this in
the archives.  Prior to applying the PTF as Mel suggested, (PTF SI13570
for V5R3 5722DG1 addresses CGI job threads getting into a deadlock
situation), as time went on between starting and stopping an HTTP
instance, we'd notice the number of jobs increase for a particular
instance.  We have the default set at 5 with a max of 100 and over time
we'd reach the 100 jobs.  We always assumed that there must have been at
some point 100 requests hitting the box all at once thus causing the
slowly increasing number of jobs.  Now with the PTF applied, we went an
entire day with the job count only increasing to 8.  This makes much
more sense since it seemed highly unlikely 100 PCs would be requesting a
CGI program at once.