From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Pete Helgren
Sent: Wed 21-Apr-04 11:02 AM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: [WEB400] Linux LPAR running Sun Java System Active ServerPages:Is
such a thing possible?

Thanks Walden,

I forgot about the "rest of the story" with .asp (COM).

We continue to evaluate the reality of Microsoft's presence in the
marketplace .vs. being more open and platform neutral with our development.
We headed down a Java path then were confronted with some learning curve
issues that seemed to indicate that sticking with RPG might make sense
(although we lose platform neutrality).  We sorted through the options and
decided that Java WAS the right direction but on some "immediate need"
projects we would use RPG.  Now the company President and VP of Marketing
have become enamored with a .net based tool that is very cool, very
productive but undermines our existing strategy of platform neutrality (and
we can't even run it on an iSeries).  That is what triggered the question.

Just when we think it is safe to proceed, some "new thing" appears that
distracts us (well, at least some of us)

Thanks for weighing in.

Pete