From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 5:26 PM
To: 'Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: [WEB400] Pros and Cons of the various RPG-CGI methodologies

> From: Colin Williams
>
> Rick,
>
> I still dont understand why anyone would not use
> java/jsp/servlet/appserver combo?

I second that, Colin.

Heck, just the ability to debug the thing on your desktop is a plus.
The fact that servlets are just classes, the ability to apply filters,
the incredible range of pre-written Java tools for everything from
encoding to persistence, the portability of the web portion of the
application - all of these simply make RPG-CGI a second-tier choice, and
only valid if you insist on not learning Java.  And in today's world,
not learning Java is a pretty poor career choice.

Joe