Charles,

Take a look at this link here. http://www.macromedia.com/software/coldfusion/productinfo/systemreqs/

I do not see AS/400 listed as a supported platform for CF. The way I understand how CF (and other things like PHP) works with an Apache Server is that there are hooks in the Apache side that looks for the <CFxxxx> tags to hand off to the CF programs. Once the CF programs are done with the code it hands it back to the Apache server to send it back to the user's browser. To get this to work there is a lot of setup involved which the install program on the CF CD does. I can tell you that there is no CF install program for the AS/400.

Here are your options
1.) Load Linux on your AS/400 and load CF Server via the Linux partition (No
clue if this will work).  Use the ODBC drivers to get to your DB.
2.) Load CF Server on a Windows or Linux server on the PC Box and use the ODBC
drivers to get to your DB.
3.) Forget CF and use PHP.
http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/RedpieceAbstracts/redp3639.html

If you already have done development in CF and you are looking to move over to the AS/400, then this is not an option. But PHP is free and does the same thing as CF.

I have used both CF and PHP. I like PHP better.

I hope this helps,
Joe Lewis

date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:01:38 -0400
from: CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
subject: [WEB400] Using Coldfusion and iSeries

I did a search in the archives and found a couple of old posts that seem to
imply that Coldfusion Developed Web applications will run on an iSeries.

However, I'm hoping to get some up to date information in response to this
post.

So is it still possible to run Web Applications developed with Coldfusion
(v6.1?) on an iSeries?

Is Websphere Application Server required, or can Tomcat handle it?

If WAS is needed, do you need the full version or will Express handle it?

Lastly, assuming it is possible...any additional info/tips/tricks/links
would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Charles Wilt