No kidding. I am trying to write the data update procedure now that the add
procedure is done, and it looks to be an even bigger pain.

> Even uglier, if you already have a value in your session with
> that name,
> the old value is returned.  Thus, if you have two checkboxes on two
> subsequent pages with the same name, and you check the first one and
> then execute the second page, you may find the second one
> acts as if it
> were checked as well.

Oh man, that is exactly the scenario that I am working with.  One more obstacle
to tackle.  A major problem has been the lack of reference material for CGI as
used with RPG. I've got a couple of books by Bradly Stone. They were good
starting out but they don't get into the detail that I seem to need right now.
I basically just went out and looked at various pages that used checkboxes and
did a little reverse engineering.