No offense taken, Aaron. The truth is that I'm not "passionate" about
this work. I feel passion about many things in life, but a computer is
not one of them. I do enjoy it though, and that's enough for me.

It's great that your own enthusiasm remains so ardent!

> You make it sound like the PC community works for themselves
> instead of a company and while that might be true what
> difference does it make if I am doing it for myself or my
> corporation?  Either way the work that I put into it is
> reflected on me as a programmer.

Spoken like a young, aggressive up-and-comer with something to prove.
And good for you, that's the way it should be. I've been doing this long
enough to have created a sizable portfolio of projects which I can use
to showcase my skills. Spending my time on an open-source RPG project
would benefit said corporations much moreso than it would me.

> Already have two kids under my roof, things are changing fast :-)).

Hmm.. you HAVE been a busy boy. :)

Regards,

John Taylor