> From: Peter Vidal
>
> ... and be able to not to go back to the browser defaults if I press
F11.

I know that for Internet Explorer, you can define an onkeydown event,
then disable the keystroke if you don't like it.

<script>
function checkKey()
{
  if (window.event.keyCode == 122)
  {
    window.event.keyCode = 0;
    return false;
  }
  return true;
}
</script>

This code will disable F11 (key number 122).  It also disables F23,
because it is Shift-F11.  It also disables Ctrl-F11, Alt-F11 and so on
(you can test other flags in the event object to determine the state of
Alt/Ctrl/Shift).  I'm pretty sure both setting the keyCode to zero and
returning false is required to disable the key.  IIRC, setting the
keyCode to zero prevents the key from doing what it is supposed to do,
while returning false prevents the event from bubbling to other
listeners.

This tends to not work with Netscape/Mozilla, because so much of the DOM
is read-only, including the event fields.

Joe