OK... I have to ask this;
1) I know using the API's is cool - BUT is it standard XML, or is it SOAP?
2) For simple stuff, I found the programs FAR more understandable when I 
received the POST via standard IN, processed the XML using String handling, 
then writing out a reply to the XML post using Net.Data called to perform the 
Standard Out.  
3) Anything more complex, the process worked FASTER, was easier to find 
documentation, and frankly - PC's are a dime a dozen - PLUS I was able to find 
help DOING it - in the VB world.  The inrerface I have to Amazon uses VB as the 
conduit... far more interfacing capabilities, AND the dang thing reads the 
AS/400 files via the back end connectivity using the Jet database.  Quite spiffy
4) After the above solution - the cleaner solutions are in Java using Apache, 
and that freebie Java Script processor... but it's a 100% functioning on the 
400.

Also - Posts via HTTP, E-mail, FTP?

Andrew Borts / Webmaster
Seta Corporation
6400 East Rogers Circle
Boca Raton, FL 33499
E-mail: Andrewb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
Corporate web site http://www.setacorporation.com 
E-Commerce web site http://www.palmbeachjewelry.com

and also http://www.servicemerchandisejewelry.com
Amazon Store http://www.amazon.com/palmbeachjewelry
Voice: 561-994-2660 Ext. 2211 / Fax: 561-997-0774

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Tucker Gerry [mailto:Gerry.Tucker@xxxxxxxxxxx] 
Sent:   Monday, June 16, 2003 9:10 AM
To:     web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        [WEB400] XML Interface for RPG

Hi guys,

Really don't know if this is the correct list to post to but I'll try
anyway.

I'm starting out on a project to process XML order files and I'm parsing
them using the XML Interface APIs.  So far I've managed to do this pretty
well so long as the XML file in the IFS is CCSID is 37 and the 'encoding'
value is 'ibm037'.  If any other value is entered then the
QxmlDOM_Node_getNodeName procedure returns MCH3601 'Pointer not set for
location referenced'.  I've seen it mentioned before but no definitive
answers were provided.

The files we get are likely to have encoding attribute set to 'UTF-8'.

Any ideas?  Again apologies if this isn't the place to ask this question.

FYI we're on V4R5 using service program XML4PR400. 


Regards,

Gerry Tucker
Senior Analyst Programmer
Technicolor
Wembley, UK
Tel: +44(0)208-900-6555
_______________________________________________
This is the Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries (WEB400) mailing list
To post a message email: WEB400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/web400
or email: WEB400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
at http://archive.midrange.com/web400.





As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...


Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.