>I don't see a reason to have the java-side code
>do the math when there is (I assume) already
>RPG code that is doing this.

Agreed.

>Call a single RPG program as a stored proc
>and build the resultset from several (many)
>tables and then return is as a single result
>set to the java.

That's the plan, alas the original is a subfile and positioning subsequent
pages is an issue.  Well, it's an issue for me.  I can't figure out how to
tell the stored proc to return 'rows 51-100' unless I pass the next key out
to the caller and have her submit that as the place to begin reading.

I think we may have been able to convince the customer that a complete list
in HTML is not as useful as a search mechanism would be.  Between that and
the ability to download the entire list as a .csv file, they should be all
set.
  --buck