> From: "Buck Calabro" <Buck.Calabro@commsoft.net>
> So.  Has anyone tried to routinely display a list that contains
> five or ten thousand entries on the web?  What architectural
> approach did you take?

Buck,

Sounds like suicide to me.  Who would want to view an HTML page that big?
But out of curiosity, I added 5,000 records to my "boats for sale" database,
and modified the Relational-Web version of the Boats for Sale report, and
tested it.

Now you know how slow my server is.  Your model 820 is 26 times faster,
right?  But on my server it takes 16 seconds to generate the 450KB HTML page
plus an additional 25 seconds to download it over an Ethernet connection.
Please don't try it over my DSL router.

Nathan M. Andelin
www.relational-data.com