I have been testing Apache live on my bvstools.com site for
about a month or so now.

I have had infrequent responses about corrupt zip files.
And I recently did some testing using my home dialup
account.

More often than not, the download would fail/timeout, and
the following is added to the error log:

[error] (20507)The timeout specified has expired:
core_output_filter: writing data to the network

Usually around 15 seconds of downloading, then the download
seems to pause for 3 or 4 seconds, then quits (acts like
it's done) and this error is written.

It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but it happens more
often than not, at least with my dialup connection.  I also
searched the logs and saw the error quite frequently, so I
know others are also having this problem.

I could NOT get this to happen using the Classic server.

I didn't find any mention of this error anywhere at ibm.  I
did find this question asked on groups.google.com, but no
answer.

Anyone have any ideas?  I have a feeling that a lot of folks
are downloading, getting corrupt files and saying "to heck
with it.." Not good!

I am guessing it has something to do with traffic and
congestion, as when I stopped it, put Classic back live, and
ran Apache on it's own port that only I knew about, I could
not get it to happen.

Brad
www.bvstools.com