-----Original Message-----
From: Hans Boldt [mailto:boldt@ca.ibm.com]

<SNIP>

No, there are indeed quantitative means to compare the suitability
of particular programming languages to particular tasks.  To
illustrate, I can send you my 200 line Python program that does the
same job as a published 400 line RPG CGI program.  (To keep the
comparison fair, I kept the program structure the same and included
the same comments.)