you can refresh the main page, but that is based upon a seconds parm,
which you cannot use since it would vary based upon the action -
The html code would be written with the time to refresh rate before
anything is selected -

Now with that said, the design may have to change to perform what
you want to do; ie: instead of a pop up, you go to a new page,
after update you "re-display" the original page, thus getting
the updates.  This may not "look" as cool as you wanted -
the other option would be to go down the java/java script road,
one I have dabbled in for web sites, but not well versed in to
know "if" dynamic fields are possible - it would be something
along the lines of the pop up window would tell the main window
to refresh with the new data, either via cookies (most people
turn them off, so that is not a good idea) or a full re-fresh, or
some other "creative" way of passing parms.

Depending on your time frame, look into what dynamic things
java and java script could offer, it might be able to, but
you will have to learn some new stuff, (unless someone else
on this list has been down that road before) or if you are
under a time crunch, re-working the logic flow of the web
site might prove to be more possible with a short time frame.

Good luck
HTH
Mark