When I press enter or F3 in my browser on the web-facing screen, I get:

WF0116: The encoding check field was received incorrectly by the
application server. This is likely caused by the data transferred from the
browser to the application server not being encoded in UTF-8. Please refer
to the WebFacing documentation about how to set up UTF-8 client encoding in
WebSphere Application Server.

Troy Modlin
Systems Analyst
Group Dekko Services
PO Box 2000
Kendallville, IN 46755
Phone:  260-347-3100 x70395
Cell:      260-318-2910
FAX:     260-349-2021
email:    troym@dekko.com

                    troym@dekko.com
                    Sent by:              To:     web400@midrange.com
                    web400-admin@mi       cc:
                    drange.com            Fax to:
                                          Subject:     RE: [WEB400] Re:
webfacing first try error:

                    09/13/2002
                    10:19 AM
                    Please respond
                    to web400

I made another project, just to see if I'd have any problems with it.  When
I launched it I got a login prompt (a first).  I tried logging in but it
would stick.  I checked QSYSOPR messages and found:  "Cannot automatically
select virtual device."

After we did a CHGSYSVAL SYSVAL(QAUTOVRT)  and set the value higher, the
log-in worked and my screen came up in my browser!!  Yey!

Troy Modlin
Systems Analyst
Group Dekko Services
PO Box 2000
Kendallville, IN 46755
Phone:  260-347-3100 x70395
Cell:      260-318-2910
FAX:     260-349-2021
email:    troym@dekko.com

                    rob@dekko.com
                    Sent by:              To:     web400@midrange.com
                    web400-admin@mi       cc:
                    drange.com            Fax to:
webfacing first try error:

                    09/13/2002
                    08:58 AM
                    Please respond
                    to web400

Hey y'all.

Troy is trying this with Tomcat, not with WAS.

When I open iSeries Navigator, expand GDISYS, expand Network, expand
Servers, Open TCP/IP I see, among other stuff, the following:
ASFTomcat - started
WebFacing - stopped

Also, Troy, keep in mind that the two addresses we used to test tomcat
were:
http://10.10.1.148/example/calc
http://10.10.1.148/example/snoop.jsp

Attempting to use GDISYS instead of 10.10.1.148 will fail.  I've asked the
help desk to set up a DNS entry for TOMCATSYS to point to 10.10.1.148. Got
a return receipt from the email but not any action.  Strange, Bob is
normally pretty quick.

Please NO recommendations to set up a host table entry on our PC's.

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin