From: Walden H. Leverich [mailto:WaldenL@TechSoftInc.com]
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 3:38 PM
To: 'web400@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: [WEB400] What happened to rpgenerationx.com?

>From: Nathan M. Andelin [mailto:nandelin@RELATIONAL-DATA.COM]
>By adding another 72 records to your copy...

OK, actually I had removed the additional rows to make life simpler, but I
put them back (78 in all now) and reran the tests. I had to lower the number
of simultaneous connections to 20 because of W2K workstation problems, I'm
trying to find a server I can play with.

New numbers, same test (except for 20 users instead of 50)

Requests processed: 8,339 (only 20 users now)
Avg rqs/sec: 13.89
Avg time to last byte: 436.8ms
Total bytes sent: 158M
Page size: 158M/8339 = 19K

>Another factor to consider is the CPU speed of your model...
Not really. In the last test the database jobs were <0.1% used. This time
they were <0.5%. I'll lay money I'm IO bound, not CPU bound, as should any
good iSeries be.

>What is the processor feature on your server?
2248 w/1517 interactive (not that interactive should matter).

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President
Tech Software