Justin,

You get a syntax error from the Javascript or the cookie?
Have you looked at the RFC for cookies?  Why are you using
javascript and not RPG to place/get cookies?  I did an
article on this a while back for iSeries Expert's journal
and it will also be a chapter in my new eRPG book
(www.bvstools.com/erpg/)

Brad
www.bvstools.com