'Embed' is probably a poor term on my part...

Let's say you want a link to be like <a
href="myDir/MYPROGRAM?PARM1=12345&PARM2=test">.

This points the browser to MYPROGRAM with the parameters PARM1=12345 and
PARM2=test.

I can accomplish the same thing in a Form...

<form name="myForm" method=GET action=MYPROGRAM>
<input type="hidden" name="PARM1" value="12345">
<input type="hidden" name="PARM2" value="test">
</form>

Now if I submit this form I get the same results as the href listed above.

So by 'embedding' I meant to use hidden fields in a form.  The cool thing
about this is that through JavaScript I can change the parameter values on
the client side, which is what you are trying to do...

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function changeForm() {

// Add your code here to read the cookie, then call the function...

document.myForm.PARM1.value = cookieValue;
document.myForm.submit();
}
//-->
</script>

Now to invoke this from a link use <a href="javascript:changeForm()"> and
the script will change the parameter(s) and execute the submit value of the
form.  This is especially handy if you want to submit forms using a link
instead of a button.

Hope this gets you on your way...

Joel R. Cochran
Director of Internet Services