I doubt they'll phase it out.  they may stop upgrading it
(which means the same as phasing out to some I guess...hah).

There's not much that classic won't do now.  They would just
rather you use apache so they have easier support (ie 1
product, not 2).  Just like they want you to use Java.  then
they can stop upgrading and supporting RPG and let Sun
handle your Java problems.  ;)

I plan on using Classic for some time to come.  I'm still
playing with the pbA server.  It's neat (I use Apache at
home and love it) but I still want to do load testing on the
"updated" pbA CGI engine.  When I first mentioned my
findings a few months ago the first reply I saw was "they're
rewriting the engine to make it faster".  I'm not saying it
isn't possible, but it was quite a difference (I did an
article on it for iSeries/400 experts a while back).

One thing I could tell was it was starting up a new job for
almost every hit, like it couldn't keep up.  The Classic
server took em as they came with little problem.

Apache is a great server.  But IBM took a beta version and
basically proprietorized it for the iSeries.  I kinda wish
they would have let you install Apache as is.  And that HTTP
config tool.. well, that's just terrible as well.  Best to
learn conf yourself.

Brad