Joel,

I have been using CvtDB and CGIParse for some time and have
never exerpieced the escaped characters that you are
speaking of.  I remember when I first started doing CGI that
I had that problem, but I'm positive the %%EBCDIC%%
extension fixed that.

I guess I dont know where to start with asking you what
you're doing.

Try these examples that I have online (the connection is
going up and down, so it may not work from time to time).
They're for my upcoming book.

Tests QtmhCvtDB
http://www.netshare400.com:3001/testcvtdb.html

Tests QzhbCGIParse using GET
http://www.netshare400.com:3001/testcgiparse1.html

Tests QzhbCGIParse using POST
http://www.netshare400.com:3001/testcgiparse2.html

If you get escaped characters in the output, let me know
what you used for input.  These ask for first and last name,
but you should be able to put any data you want in them.

The config for this HTTP instance is very simple as well.

Brad
www.bvstools.com