I can read my IFS files just fine into my rpg program; however I am looking
for a shortcut,
which may or may not be there.

Here is what I cannot seem to find : A way to read the IFS directory
"objects" into my program
in ascending order by file name; it is random,
The reason I am reading this data in, I need it in order,
I know I could just write them to a work file, internal array, data queue,
ect -
 (actual workings are more style and department "warm and fuzzies")
and then read them in the order I want, but I would prefer
to "skip" that step.

So is there a way while reading the IFS to specify the order, I am not
seeing
anything in the manual, I am either blind, or this is not possible.

Can someone clarify whether I am just slow(nice for stupid) or just asking
for more than we have at V4R5.
(upgrading to V5R1 in January)
TIA

Mark A. Manske