It's not a Holy War, Brad, and just because you "can" do it in CGI doesn't
mean you should.  That's the attitude I've tried to counteract throughout
all these discussions - people telling other people to use a substandard
tool.  You can pound a nail with a screwdriver, but that doesn't make it the
right tool.  And me saying that you should use a hammer doesn't make me a
zealot.

CGI has its uses, but they're not for interactive applications.  You cannot
do in CGI the same things you can do in JSP without a lot of extra
infrastructure.  If your application is more an output-only application -
data mining or something equivalent, it's easier to do in CGI.  If your
application involves a lot of interaction with the user, similar to
5250-based applications, then the flexibility of JSP makes it the better
approach.

Joe